Thursday, September 27, 2007

NBN, Breaklunch, Proposals, etc.

I have a weakness for government issues. I can't explain why. Maybe it's because my penchant lies on hard-to-imagine things like the wonders of the universe. Haha!

I remember, a few weeks after my birthday (my birthday wish then was to be abreast with what's happening around me! now you know! that's why I can't tell, it sounds so uncool, right?), I read about PGMA's visit to give a keynote speech in a conference in China.

My "Wow, that's our President!" was later replaced by "Oh, no! That's our President..." when the newswriter in passing mentioned that PGMA secured almost a billion dollar contract for a broadband network... Hey, that was sometime April, just right before the elections!

And now, that contract has reached inquisition at the Senate. I heard it this afternoon on TV (heard because our Ch4 reception is so bad, we have to put faces on the voices ourselves). While ear-watching the senate inquiry, Ateng was taking notes, typing a letter, browsing the net and smsing someone and I, so busy too devouring my breaklunch (woke up late again!).

Suddenly, it occured to me... Just yesterday, we had a staff meeting. One of the bosses mapped how to go about a project. From the initial proposal to closing it to providing support.

The NBN contract... I wonder...

How did they do it? Who presented what? What is offered to whom? What IS the OFFER?

And why invoke the executive privilege?

Can't help but think how gargantuan the difference of the government process to our humble 8layer's.

My sanity left me just a while back. I'm doing a proposal, and it's for a branch of government.

The last time that we engaged in a bid, we were "turned down".

And here we are again, taking chances, hoping that somehow, this time, they can see the right difference.

No comments: