Monday, May 26, 2008

The Superb Problems

My sister just can't help feeling ecstatic and worried at the same time.

Their 4-year old son, Yno, started building with his lego blocks when he was three, of edifice structures, boats and cars, and draws them, especially churches, schools and nature views, and colors them in complimentaries.

Their 2-year old son, Deen, can already read words like "puzzle", "dinosaur", "father", "mother", "suddenly" without attending any pre-school.

My sister, when I called her, was all problematic and jubilation. "My hands are full raising two kids, and now I have two geniuses! How does one raise them?"

She and Kuya Dino bought Yno fingerpaints and coloring books, then. But he had outgrown the paints and the crayons and went back into drawing much more complicated ones for his age (said his summer arts teacher). Now, Yno has just finished his 3x a week swimming lessons.

Deen is now the youngest in a free play school which is just three floors below their unit at Residencia.

I haven't visited them lately. But I'm itching to. The last time I got in touch was five days ago. I spoke with Yno and Deen over the phone and they were trying to update me on what they were watching on TV and what they had been doing.


"I go swimming, Tita Jaja", said Yno when I asked him how he is. "Mommy and Daddy in the office", said Deen when I asked where they are.

Goodie, miss them so. The kids, I mean. Haha!

No comments: