Thursday, June 9, 2011

Leaving to Stay

I submitted my work resignation three weeks ago but was given an option to simply take a leave of absence for a month. It didn't occur to me to apply for a work leave since most of the one- or two-day LOA I filed were turned down. So I said, all right. One-month leave it is.

I'm on my third-official day leave. Without pay. The research job I had was too "easy" that I feel guilty not turning it weeks ahead of when it's expected. So it means, I don't have anything to do while staying at home with my parents while they're "looking after me". My Pospy and Mumsy somehow started to feel bright and sunny (amidst the threatening low pressure area) when I began staying home.

Books became a constant companion again. Ooh, lotsa times now to spend reading. Since I am scrimping, I reread Sheldon's Windmills of the Gods and Tolkien's The Hobbit.

Then, things had been turning up one event at a time. Opportunities that I have overlooked for quite a while now and I'm just starting to fully enjoy "working from home" while having the freedom to grab the invites to travel. I have three trips scheduled for the year - CDO, Palawan and GenSan.

Here's me crossing my fingers and toes for a homebody me! :)

No comments: